I was in the women's dept and a saleswoman asked if I needed help (even though I was perfectly fine on my own browsing). I told her I was looking to spend about $100 on a pair of jeans.

She responded snottily and sort of smirked, saying "Not in my department you won't". There were many other ways she could have responded, such as "You know what, I don't have any jeans for under $100, but maybe check over in the B.P. section". I have never had a bad experience in the past at Nordstrom, and let me tell you that left a horrible taste in my mouth.

I found a fabulous pair of skinny jeans at ann taylor loft full price, for $60, and am thrilled to have spent my money there.

My only regret is not talking to the nasty saleswoman's manager at nordstrom right then and there (which i will be sure to do my next trip when I am passing though the store, only because I park outside of there).

Comments

To Kyle Okano,

I just want to call BS on the part where you said that an employee gets fired after just ONE complaint. That is so not true, I know this because I have been treated rudely by a Nordstrom SA and I talked to the store manager and wrote Nordstrom about it, and guess what, the SA wasn't fired, she's still there.

So don't whine about your job saying that you get paid $3 for a day, because you should be grateful that you have a job and it is YOUR job to make all customers feel good, even if you've had a bad day.

Customers go into department stores, like Nordstrom expecting great service, and if we do not get it, you can bet your *** that we will report you to the manager.

to Aly #721584

To Aly,

Where do you work? I'd like to complain about you and then see how much you like working there after.

Get off your high horse. You seem to be the reason that sales associates are miserable.

:( I got similar treatment at the Valley Fair Nordstrom in San Jose from an employee named Matt in the Via C department. He is very rude and he thinks that he is better than you.

Hi, I just need to address something working at Nordstrom. I work there on my feet all day long sometimes up to 7 days in a row and I get one day off.

i walk around in a circle trying to interact with people and help people who constantly brush me off and ignore me while my boss is demanding me to help people who clearly have no desire to be help. I've worked days where I make 3 dollars for an 8 hour day or even better ill get money DEDUCTED from my check for showing up. I have to stay late every night I close because ONE person wants to shop AFTER we have closed.

If I have one bad day, and one time where a customer feels that Im being snotty after being talked down to all day I will get FIRED. Imagine if someone made one complaint about your job and you got fired even after being there for 19 years, or being kept late to work everynight UNPAID because some *** teenager wants to have fun and is laughing about being kept out.