I live in Puerto Rico, where there is a Nordstrom store and have a Nordstrom card I recieved here as well. I also get their promo emails daily and decided to order a Dior face serum from them instead of Sephora because of a special bonus/promotion (a $100 value) they ran a few weeks ago. I created an online account and tried to purchase online but kept getting an error saying "functionality not working, please contact us at (phone number) to place your order"
Frustrated but still wanting my bonus, I called a customer service rep and ordered the product along with the free gift. I noticed I did not get a receipt, but when I checked my credit card account I was billed for the product and thought maybe the receipt went to my spam. I wasn't really worried about it b/c they billed me so I had proof.
11 days later, I still had not received my product so I called customer service and went through an HOUR of speaking to different reps who each told me something different...
The first person said the product was sent to me but returned b/c they didn't have a valid mailing address. I was upset because how could that be? How could they bill my credit card without my valid address? (they even said they had my last name wrong- which I was concerned about). I asked why they didn't just call me and they said it was all automated and the only way they notify people is through email. It was the second representative who claimed they had no email address for me either.
--I gave all this information to the person I placed my order with over the phone of course- and i have an online account. So how this could happen I have no idea.---
I then talked to a "supervisor" who changed the story and said they never did ship the product to me- they weren't allowed to ship "hazmat" products from the states to Puerto Rico. I asked why this wasn't explained to me over the phone- why they still billed me for it- why no one contacted me to say I wouldn't be getting my product- why they can ship products to their Nordstrom store here in Puerto Rico but not to customers- why Sephora can ship skincare products to me with no problem, etc. Her answers were defensive and rude. She said it was my responsibility to read the fine print on the website and make sure my email address was correct. MY PROBLEM!!! I was so angry that i'd wasted so much time waiting on a product I could have drove down the road to purchase and thought it would only be fair if they still provided me with the free gift since all of this was their fault. She said she couldn't help and they would issue a credit to my card (which requires me to actually use it again!).
I have NEVER been treated like this from any reputable company and am appalled at the confusion and lack of competency on the part of their entire customer service and credit department. They lost a customer for life!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Manner in which i was treated
- Bad customer service
- Order policy
- Crappy inventory control
- Charged me but never shipped my order or attempted to contact me
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I had posted a Louis Vuitton belt (brand new WITHOUT tags) on Tradesy. Immedietly, a woman was interested in the belt and i lowered the price for her so it'd..."
- "I should have know better, but I didn't realize it was coming from china, my husband and I are renewing our vows on valentines day which is our anniversary. I..."
- "Last summer I ordered a cute one piece bathing suit from Rosegal. I have used this company before but I only bought small things like necklaces and bracelets. My experience..."
- "El vendedor no te informa que en Puerto Rico no hay almacén por lo tanto se van a tardar mas de un mes en hacer la entrega, luego de la..."
- "I buy my package of yogurt an one of them have incomplete seal. The lot number is RCB26525 04:43 exp date 01 aug 2015. ..."
- "...This company lied and said they attempted to deliver a package at 8:04 pm at night to a business..."
- "After seeing that a Cheryl B. from my small hometown had viewed a quote sent for pet photography I was able to see her last name. Curious, I have been..."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."