I live in Puerto Rico, where there is a Nordstrom store and have a Nordstrom card I recieved here as well. I also get their promo emails daily and decided to order a Dior face serum from them instead of Sephora because of a special bonus/promotion (a $100 value) they ran a few weeks ago. I created an online account and tried to purchase online but kept getting an error saying "functionality not working, please contact us at (phone number) to place your order"
Frustrated but still wanting my bonus, I called a customer service rep and ordered the product along with the free gift. I noticed I did not get a receipt, but when I checked my credit card account I was billed for the product and thought maybe the receipt went to my spam. I wasn't really worried about it b/c they billed me so I had proof.
11 days later, I still had not received my product so I called customer service and went through an HOUR of speaking to different reps who each told me something different...
The first person said the product was sent to me but returned b/c they didn't have a valid mailing address. I was upset because how could that be? How could they bill my credit card without my valid address? (they even said they had my last name wrong- which I was concerned about). I asked why they didn't just call me and they said it was all automated and the only way they notify people is through email. It was the second representative who claimed they had no email address for me either.
--I gave all this information to the person I placed my order with over the phone of course- and i have an online account. So how this could happen I have no idea.---
I then talked to a "supervisor" who changed the story and said they never did ship the product to me- they weren't allowed to ship "hazmat" products from the states to Puerto Rico. I asked why this wasn't explained to me over the phone- why they still billed me for it- why no one contacted me to say I wouldn't be getting my product- why they can ship products to their Nordstrom store here in Puerto Rico but not to customers- why Sephora can ship skincare products to me with no problem, etc. Her answers were defensive and rude. She said it was my responsibility to read the fine print on the website and make sure my email address was correct. MY PROBLEM!!! I was so angry that i'd wasted so much time waiting on a product I could have drove down the road to purchase and thought it would only be fair if they still provided me with the free gift since all of this was their fault. She said she couldn't help and they would issue a credit to my card (which requires me to actually use it again!).
I have NEVER been treated like this from any reputable company and am appalled at the confusion and lack of competency on the part of their entire customer service and credit department. They lost a customer for life!
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Manner in which i was treated
- Bad customer service
- Order policy
- Crappy inventory control
- Charged me but never shipped my order or attempted to contact me
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Ordered a dress and used the size chart provided as a guide and the dress adverised is on the right, the one I recieved is on left...it is not a..."
- "The Blair VIP Plus program is a complete scam. I have been charged twice on my card for a charge of $14.95 for the VIP Plus program that promised to..."
- "Same here. This company is bogus. I purchased what I thought was a wool pea coat white the picture was amazing . What I got? Was a jacket made if..."
- "My husband and I purchased a $600.00 recliner about the last week of August 2016. First week of September the chair looked as if it was purchased 10 years prior...."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "There is no customer care.. I love to shop on Zara, just like there cloths ... this is my first time that have to deal with their customer care... turn..."
- "I buy my package of yogurt an one of them have incomplete seal. The lot number is RCB26525 04:43 exp date 01 aug 2015. ..."
- "El vendedor no te informa que en Puerto Rico no hay almacén por lo tanto se van a tardar mas de un mes en hacer la entrega, luego de la..."